Hitotsubashi ICS is one of five designated universities in Japan participating in a scholarship program sponsored by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho), called the Young Leaders' Program (YLP).
The primary objectives of the Young Leaders' Program are as follows:
- To foster the development of future national leaders in Asian and other countries
- To create comprehensive networks of government and business leaders in the international community
- To contribute to the establishment of friendly relations among Asian and other countries, including Japan
The YLP offers promising young business and government leaders from Asian and other countries the opportunity to study in Japan at a Master’s level in one of the following disciplines:
- Business Management Course: Hitotsubashi University, Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy (ICS)
- School of Government Course: National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Local Government Course: Kobe University
- Medical Administration Course: Nagoya University
- Law Course: Kyushu University
The MBA (Masters of Business Administration) program at Hitotsubashi ICS is designed to prepare students for work in the private sector. In contrast to the other designated universities, YLP participants at Hitotsubashi ICS are completely integrated into the regular program; in other words, they follow the same academic calendar and meet exactly the same academic requirements as the other students. Like their course-mates, YLP students go through the intensive and challenging curriculum that is befitting of a high-quality education and prestigious business school.
To be eligible for the MBA program at Hitotsubashi ICS, YLP applicants must have at least three years of working experience and be under 35 years of age as of September 1st of the academic year. They must also be undergraduate degree holders, or higher, with a good command of English – a minimum TOEFL score of 600, or TOEFL-CBT score of 250 – and a guideline GMAT score of 600. Applicants are responsible for their own requests for leave of absence from their workplaces.